|Alleghany County Board of Supervisors Meets December 4, 2018|
ALLEGHANY COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
DECEMBER 4, 2018, 7:00 P.M.
1. CALL TO ORDER:
3. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
A. Approval of the minutes of: (1) a regular meeting held on November 7, 2018.
5. RECOGNITION OF RETIREES FOR 2018 AND APPROVE RESOLUTIONS OF APPRECIATION:
- Sunny Taylor, County Administration - 10 years, 6 months
- George Lewis, Public Works - 19 years
- Shelly Mongold, Public Works - 30 years
- Virgil Reid, Public Works - 30 years, 2 months
- Donna Wooding, Social Services - 30 years, 3 months
- Charles Moorman, Public Works - 31 years
- Basil Bryant, Public Works - 32 years
- Lance Carson, Social Services - 34 years, 7 months
- Ruby Simmons, Treasurerâ€™s Office - 35 years, 11 months
- Mickey Craghead, Sheriffâ€™s Office - 38 years, 6 months
6. PUBLIC HEARING:
A. Public Hearing to solicit public input on local community development and housing needs in relation to Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funding for a project in our community.
7. PUBLIC COMMENT:
8. VIRGINIA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION (VDOT) UPDATE:
A. Ms. Susan Hammond, VDOT Resident Engineer - Update.
9. UNFINISHED BUSINESS: None.
10. NEW BUSINESS:
A. Discuss and consider Resolution of Respect for Mr. Carl Brinkley.
B. Discuss replacement of fire apparatus and ambulances.
C. Discuss and consider supplemental appropriations/budget adjustment for the school system due to the receipt of final approved state budget numbers.
D. Discuss and consider a supplemental appropriation for the Sheriffâ€™s Office due to the receipt of insurance funds.
10. NEW BUSINESS (Contâ€™d.):
E. Discuss and consider a supplemental appropriation for the Circuit Court Clerk Office due to the receipt of a Technology Trust Fund grant.
F. Discuss and consider the appointment of Mr. Glenn Zierler as Zoning Administrator and Subdivision Agent.
G. The term of Mr. Ryan Muterspaugh, Director of Public Safety, on the Western Virginia Emergency Medical Services Council expires December 31, 2018. Terms are for three years and Mr. Muterspaugh is eligible for reappointment.
H. The term of and Mrs. Terrie Wright on the Alleghany Highlands Community Services Board expires December 31, 2018. Terms are for three years. Mrs. Wright is eligible for reappointment.
I. A replacement needs to be made for Mr. Robert Johnson, Jr. on the Alleghany Highlands Community Services Board due to his resignation. Terms are for three years beginning January 1, 2019. Mrs. Brenda Woodie is interested in the appointment. The appointment is not by district.
11. COUNTY ADMINISTRATORâ€™S REPORT:
12. BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS (INQUIRIES/REPORTS):