|Covington City Council Meets Tuesday, May 12, 2020|
The regular meeting of the Council for the City of Covington will be held on Tuesday, May 12, 2020 at 6:30 p.m. in the Council Chambers of City Hall located at 333 W. Locust Street, Covington, Virginia. Please note that the limit of 10 individuals will be strictly observed.
CALL TO ORDER â€“ SILENT ROLL CALL OF MEMBERS
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
CORRECTION AND APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. Called Meeting April 14, 2020
2. Regular Meeting April 14, 2020
To hold a Public Hearing to receive nominations for one appointment to the Covington City School Board.
REPORT OF THE CITY MANAGER
1. To consider second reading of Ordinance O-20-04 regarding Authorization For Treasurer to Approve and Issue Certain Refunds
1. To consider Proclamation in Appreciation of City of Covington Employees and Volunteers
2. To consider Proclamation in Appreciation of Donations and Support from Organizations to First Responders
3. To consider a Memorandum of Understanding regarding a Radio System
Technician for the Alleghany/Covington 911 Radio System
4. To consider Appropriation Resolution R-20-14 regarding legal services in the amount of $30,000
5. To consider Appropriation Resolution R-20-15 regarding Industrial Revitalization Fund Award in the amount of $150,000 (No City funds used)
6. Discussion regarding proposed Resolution R-20-16 to allow Amending the City Budget at Fund Level as Opposed to Function Level
To hold a closed session pursuant to the Virginia Freedom of Information Act
Sec. 2.2-3711 A. 3 regarding discussion of Public Property/Real Estate where
discussion in open session would harm the Councilâ€™s bargaining position.