|Alleghany Co. School Board Personnel Actions Noted (11_16_20)|
|Low Moor, VA (Nov. 16, 2020) - At the conclusion of closed session on Monday, November 16, 2020 the School Board took the following personnel action: |
The School Board approved the appointments of:
- Lauryn A. Piercey as a Special Education Teacher at Clifton Middle School
- Timothy D. Lewis, Skilled Maintenance Worker in the Maintenance and Transportation Department
- Norval S. Campbell, Regular Part-Time Custodian at Sharon Elementary School.
- Grace C. Lyons was approved as substitute teacher
- Theresa L. McCoy and Scott A. Wolfe as substitute bus drivers.
Extra-Curricular volunteer appointments approved at Alleghany High School include:
- Jacqualyn R. Burdette, Forensics Assistant Coach
- Dusty R. Rowland and Anthony W. Lowry, Varsity Baseball Assistant Coaches
- Melissa L. Wolfe, Varsity Girls Basketball Assistant Coach
- Willis H. Fields, Varsity Wrestling Assistant Coach
- Leonard L. Phillips, Softball Assistant Coach
- Karleigh P. Thompson, Cross Country and Track Assistant Coach
- Aaron L. Dilley, Varsity Boys Soccer Assistant Coach
- David S. Vanderford, JV Boys Soccer Assistant Coach
- John W. Easton, Varsity Boys Basketball Assistant Coach
- Christopher A. Harden, JV Baseball Assistant Coach and JV Boys Basketball Assistant Coach
- Jonathan A. Lanford, Varsity Girls Soccer Assistant Coach
The School Board also approved several paid extra-curricular appointments to include:
- James W. Campbell, Football Assistant Coach
- Charles E. Rusmisel, Wrestling Head Coach, both at Clifton Middle School and Gary R. Burdette, Wrestling Assistant Coach at Alleghany High School.
The School Board accepted the retirements of:
- Edna C. Bryant, Teacher at Mountain View Elementary School and Renada S. Nicely, Physical Education Teacher at Clifton Middle School, both effective January 1, 2021
- Sue W. Nicely, Cafeteria Worker at Mountain View Elementary School effective November 9, 2020, and Terri L. Slate; Teacher Assistant at Clifton Middle School effective February 1, 2021.
The Board also accepted the resignations of:
- Scott A. Wolfe, Bus Driver
- Gary R. Burdette, Wrestling Head Coach at Alleghany High School
- Willis H. Fields, Varsity Wrestling Assistant Coach at Alleghany High School and Mark A. Pifer, Girls Basketball Head Coach at Clifton Middle School.